Transport and Travel Panel
One meeting every other month, rotating location around the region
Time to be decided based on the input of panel members
One 2-3 hour meeting every two months plus 1-2 hours reading time as preparation for each meeting
Why is the role important?
Following a review of Hospital Services in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw, there is a possibility that some services may move location to make the best use of resources and allow for specialisation. Where this could occur, we need to know the real impact this could have on people around the region.
We need two panel members from each area of the region: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield. We are looking for one driver and one non-driver to represent each area. Members of the panel need to be open to the views of others, and able to be a voice for others.
What will I be doing?
- Considering how patient, carer and family journeys could be impacted by any changes to NHS services.
- Bringing the voice of your community to discussion – considering how others in your region may be affected.
- Feeding in ideas for how to improve transport and travel planning and infrastructure around NHS services.
- Ensuring that information from the NHS is clear and easy to understand
- Testing journey times, where possible, to provide realistic insight into the impact of any service changes
How could I develop my skills and experience?
- You’ll be part of a collaborative team, working on new ideas to improve services.
- Training in collaborative team working, building confidence and active listening.
- Opportunities to be trained in chairing and minute taking
- Your thoughts and input will be help shape how the NHS is delivered.
- You’ll have the opportunity to represent the Panel at a professional level
What support is there?
- Childcare costs can be supported
- Travel expenses are covered
- Documents are available in multiple formats
- You are a resident of Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster or Bassetlaw.
- You can spare 4-5 hours every two months
- You are open to other opinions and can represent views from your community
Email or call Tom Read: firstname.lastname@example.org 07393 462 858