Exciting times are ahead with the development of the NHS Long Term Plan and the significant investment being divested for future primary and community care. We’re looking for a Director of Finance to help shape our financial structure as we organise ourselves to support GP Practices to form Primary Care Networks, and support the wider South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Integrated Care System (ICS).
If you’re up for a challenge and enjoy being at the forefront of change come find out more about the role on the NHS Jobs website here
Interview date: 23rd May 2019
For a confidential discussion please contact Laura Sherburn, Chief Executive on 01302 566028
Are you newly registered or due to qualify this year?
Are you hoping to have a career as a General Practice Nurse?
Did you assume that Nurses need years of experience before they can apply for a role in a General Practice environment?
Not any more!
South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw Primary Care Workforce & Training Hub, working with local CCGs, has created an innovative Nurse Training Programme starting in September 2019.
To apply or find out more information have a look at the NHS Jobs website here or contact Louise Berwick, SY&B Primary Care Workforce & Training Hub Programme Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org – 07773457966
A key part of the NHS Long-Term Plan, primary care networks will bring general practices together to work at scale. But how will they be formed, funded and held accountable? And what difference will they make?
Find out more on The Kings Fund website
Salary: excellent with benefits
Variety is the spice of life! We are Primary Care Doncaster Limited, and we are the GP Federation in Doncaster. Our member shareholders are the 40 general practices in the Borough which gives us 100% membership of general practice.
We are excited to announce we are recruiting to our first Portfolio GP vacancies!
We are looking to offer bespoke roles to committed, enthusiastic GPs who want to build their own career. You will have the opportunity to design your own work load by undertaking a salaried position, encompassing a range of roles across a variety of settings including:
- General Practices
- Primary Care Doncaster’s Inclusion Health Service
- Primary Care Doncaster’s Extended Access Service
- Leading on Clinical and Quality Assurance for the Primary Care Doncaster
- Service and Pathway Redesign Projects working closely with member Practices, local CCG and Secondary Care colleagues
- Providing a voice for Doncaster primary care in regional and national arenas
- Provide clinical leadership to workforce developments in primary care
This is an opportunity for GPs at any stage in their career to expand their portfolio with the added benefit of a single employer – Primary Care Doncaster Ltd.
Candidates must have:
- Current GMC registration
- Inclusion on the GP register
- Experience of working in a Primary Care environment
We are committed to equal opportunities and we welcome applications from ethnic minority groups and people with disabilities.
Whether you’re a GP looking for a break from full-time general practice or you’re soon-to-be qualified and are excited at the prospect of designing your own career we can offer you the bespoke role that suits you.
We’d love you to get in touch and we can start exploring what we can offer you together.
For more information or for an informal conversation please get in touch.
Laura Sherburn, Chief Executive Officer, Primary Care Doncaster
email@example.com or 01302 566028
Are you interested in becoming the named clinical director for your PCN?
The role is an exciting opportunity for Doncaster clinicians to be at the forefront of supporting the development of PCNs to provide more joined-up care for patients and help reduce pressures on primary care workforce.
The expression of interest pack for the Doncaster PCNs include:
- Briefing note on the clinical director role
- The expression of interest and election process and timeline
- Expression of interest form
- Clinical director job description and person specification
Once you have completed the expression of interest form, please return it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3rd May 12 noon.
Below you will find the links to download the expression of interest pack for your neighbourhood PCN:
Central Clinical Director Expression of Interest Pack
North Clinical Director Expression of Interest Pack
South Clinical Director Expression of Interest Pack
East Clinical Director Expression Of Interest Pack
If you have any queries regarding this opportunity please contact Laura Sherburn CEO of Primary Care Doncaster – email@example.com or Dr Dean Eggitt 07585116115 or firstname.lastname@example.org from Doncaster LMC.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an innovative, compassionate and visionary GP, to take forward the Inclusion Health agenda in Doncaster & Bassetlaw. The new role of Inclusion Health Champion is being funded by Health Education England, to help improve healthcare outcomes and reduce inequalities for marginalised and disadvantaged groups. Such groups include the homeless, vulnerable migrants, sex workers, Gypsies and Travellers, and those who have been in prison.
Apply now via NHS Jobs – reference J183-A-19-47215 or click here
Not currently in education, training or work? Doncaster Council and Sportworks are running sessions for you to come and learn something new about you.
Interested? Get in touch by calling Mark on 07967 889 343 or email him at email@example.com
The SYB Integrated Care System is providing funding for three GPs to act as Inclusion Health Champions. The Champions will be positioned across SYB, Doncaster/Bassetlaw, Rotherham/Barnsley, and Sheffield.
It is anticipated that the sessions will be worked flexibly around other commitments to allow attendance at relevant meetings, whilst still ‘putting in’ two sessions of work a week. It is important that the champions are embedded within the health landscape at place level, so employment by a CCG or federation is desirable.
Further details can be found here
Timescales are short to allow money to be committed this financial year.
Please can you return expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of January 2019.
The SYB Primary Care Workforce Hub is offering the opportunity for up to four GPs to join the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Primary Workforce Hub team. They are looking for GPs interested in developing their leadership skills to support education and training activity that help to address the workforce challenges across the region.
The posts are available for GPs that currently have substantive clinical roles but can also link potential applicants with practices from those areas most challenged in providing access to good general practice.
Please direct any enquiries to Alan Shirley, Clinical Director for the Hub.
The job description is here
Applications are also by CV to Alan at the following address email@example.com . Closing Date February 21st.
Transport and Travel Panel
One meeting every other month, rotating location around the region
Time to be decided based on the input of panel members
One 2-3 hour meeting every two months plus 1-2 hours reading time as preparation for each meeting
Why is the role important?
Following a review of Hospital Services in South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw, there is a possibility that some services may move location to make the best use of resources and allow for specialisation. Where this could occur, we need to know the real impact this could have on people around the region.
We need two panel members from each area of the region: Barnsley, Bassetlaw, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield. We are looking for one driver and one non-driver to represent each area. Members of the panel need to be open to the views of others, and able to be a voice for others.
What will I be doing?
- Considering how patient, carer and family journeys could be impacted by any changes to NHS services.
- Bringing the voice of your community to discussion – considering how others in your region may be affected.
- Feeding in ideas for how to improve transport and travel planning and infrastructure around NHS services.
- Ensuring that information from the NHS is clear and easy to understand
- Testing journey times, where possible, to provide realistic insight into the impact of any service changes
How could I develop my skills and experience?
- You’ll be part of a collaborative team, working on new ideas to improve services.
- Training in collaborative team working, building confidence and active listening.
- Opportunities to be trained in chairing and minute taking
- Your thoughts and input will be help shape how the NHS is delivered.
- You’ll have the opportunity to represent the Panel at a professional level
What support is there?
- Childcare costs can be supported
- Travel expenses are covered
- Documents are available in multiple formats
- You are a resident of Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley, Doncaster or Bassetlaw.
- You can spare 4-5 hours every two months
- You are open to other opinions and can represent views from your community
Email or call Tom Read: firstname.lastname@example.org 07393 462 858